- SpeedFactory Racing D16 SOHC VTEC Street Savage Camshaft [SF-02-401]
SpeedFactory Racing D16 SOHC VTEC Street Savage Camshaft [SF-02-401]
Hybrid HyperSport is proud to offer you the best of the best. With SpeedFactory's record of being the fastest, we can assure you these awesome products are what they use on their own cars!
Fitment: D15/D16 SOHC VTEC engines (D16Z6, D16Y8, JDM D15B VTEC, SOHC VTEC ZC)
SppedFactory proudly released the ideal camshaft for all you street/strip turbo D16 guys out there!
After testing many different D16 SOHC VTEC camshafts over the years, SpeedFactory has found there was almost always a sacrifice at some point. Poor idle quality, loss of low rpm and/or midrange power, slower spool, and inefficiencies at certain high rpm ranges were all commonplace in most cams we tested.
SppedFactory set out to create the ideal street/strip turbo cam. One that has smooth stock idle quality & vacuum levels and provides increases in power across the board, from off idle to redline with faster spool and no sacrifice anywhere in the powerband. The new SpeedFactory Racing D16 SOHC VTEC Street Savage Camshaft is the result.
+60whp/+22tq gains over the stock camshaft were found in comparison testing at the same boost level on a typical turbo D16Z6 Vitara build setup, and 446whp/306tq was achieved on an optimized pump gas Vitara build.
- Street/strip turbo duty
- Excellent idle quality, faster spool, and increased midrange & top end power
- SpeedFactory Racing camshafts are designed and manufactured using new chill-cast blanks for superior wear characteristics and to eliminate any possible issues with post heat treatments etc.
- Upgraded valve springs are required
- Note: An adjustable cam gear is necessary to achieve correct camshaft timing in a D16Y8 setup
PLEASE SEE THE IMAGES FOR TECHNICAL DATA AND INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS.
Part Number: SF-02-401